According to Alarm Org:
- A burglary occurs every 15 seconds.
- Around 60% of burglars use forcible entry to gain access to a home. More than 30% of burglars enter residences through an unlocked door, window and other opening without force.
- Typically, burglars spend less than 60 seconds breaking into a home. The more difficult it is to gain access, the more likely a burglar will reconsider the attack.
- Most convicted burglars (90%) say they avoid homes with alarm.
- About 74% of uncompleted intrusions can be credited to an audible alarm.
- Homes without alarm systems are three times more likely to be burglarized than those with an alarm system.